Marine cargo policy provides coverage for physical loss or damage to goods shipped by water or air. Marine cargo insurance is the lifeblood of international trade. Internet efficiencies have made it easy for more companies to become involved in global trade. Shippers need to be confident they have the proper insurance protection for their merchandise.
Melbourne Insurance Broker's ocean cargo marine policy protects goods shipped by water or air from physical loss or damage. Depending on the terms of sale, this coverage:
- Begins at the warehouse at the point of shipment
- Extends to the warehouse at the point of destination
- Includes all intermediate transit by rail or truck
The cargo policy is tailored to the customers’ business requirements and usually includes:
- War risk
- Strikes and riot exposures
- Warehouse storage, domestic transit, exhibitions and more
Melbourne Insurance Broker's Cargo insurance coverage is available on an open policy or on an individual shipment basis.
Our Cargo Insurance Customers
We can meet the cargo insurance needs of the following business types:
- Freight forwarders and logistics providers
- Multinational companies
- Business-to-business Internet sales